Coronavirus Travel Updates for the Area
Learn more about local county efforts, as well as impacts on travel.
For any question please call our office at 435-644-5033 or email LSandoval@VisitSouthernUtah.com.
Zion National Park – Status = OPEN
Bryce Canyon National Park – Status = OPEN
Grand Canyon National Park – Status = South Rim OPEN North Rim= CLOSED will open May 15
South Entrance to the Park is Open
The South Entrance by Tusayan is open 24/7. The East Entrance to the park remains closed due to lockdowns on the Navajo Nation.
The North Rim is Open for Day Use Only
For more information on what is open and the weather conditions click HERE
Cedar Breaks National Monument – Status = Scenic Road which connects Utah SR 148 to SR 143, is OPEN for the summer season
Experience the sparkling white beauty of winter at Cedar Breaks! There are many activities available for those who are unafraid of a little cold weather! Once the first heavy snowfall closes Utah Highway 148 (roughly mid November to late May) it becomes a groomed trail through the monument for visitors to ski, snowshoe and snowmobile. For more info on accessing the park in winter, visit our Winter Access page.
For more information including operating hours and weather click HERE
Glen Canyon Nation Recreation Area – Status = OPEN
- Glen Canyon National Recreation Area is open 24 hours per day, year-round. If there is not a person manning the entrance station, you may pay your entrance fee at the automated booth. Launch ramps are open all day, unless closed due to low water
- Dangling Rope Marina closes mid-November until March 1 every year
- Glen Canyon National Recreation Area and Rainbow Bridge National Monument Headquarters, located in Page, Arizona. This building is only partially open to the public, but sells passes year-round. Open weekdays 7am-4pm, closed weekends and Federal Holidays. Call 928-608-6200 for more information
For alerts, conditions and what’s open click HERE
Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park – Status = OPEN
Utah State Parks are currently open — with some limitations in areas where local health orders are in place. Consult this link for more information and always check with your local public health office if you have questions.
Wave Lottery – Status = OPEN
The Wave Lottery taking place in Kanab, Utah is now taking place at the Kanab Center (20N 100 East), hosted by Kane County.
- Doors open 8:30 a.m. and the Lottery will begin at 9 a.m. sharp.
- Right now, we expect to allow group leaders only in as we try to maintain the highest standards in hygiene and allow social distancing.
We are very grateful for this wonderful arrangement between Kane County and the Bureau of Land Management. We will also have a “satellite Visitor Center” at the Kanab Center from 8:30 am-10 am, to assist visitors with plans whether they win a permit or not. Remember, even if you don’t win, you haven’t lost! There are SO many great things to experience and explore!
Learn more HERE
Kane County Visitor Center – Status = OPEN
Our Visitor Center is open! Come in and visit with our friendly visitor center hosts and collect information for your exploration in the Kanab area and beyond!
8am-5pm Monday thru Friday
9am-1pm Saturday and Sunday
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Years Day
Kanab Center – Status = OPEN
The Kanab Center is open for events. For questions about events taking place, planning your event, and pre-cautions in place please contact Erica Elmer via email at EElmer@KanabCenter.com or visit the website www.kanabcenter.com