Kanab’s Treasure Quest
Wild, Wild, West
– November 1-3, 2019 –
**OVER $10,000 in Cash and Prizes**
Welcome to Kanab’s second annual one-of-a-kind treasure hunt challenge! The event this year will take place on November 1-3. Starting Friday at 7pm with orientation, and ending Sunday afternoon. Players will use a phone app to complete challenges and gain points for the chance to win over $10,000 in cash and prizes. You can pick and choose challenges that are appealing to you, while gaining points to try and win the GRAND PRIZE of $5,000 in CASH! Every person has a chance to be a winner! The top ten players will go into a sudden death round to compete in the Wild Wild West for the Grand Prize! If you are not in the top ten, that’s ok! You will still have a chance to win with over $5,000 in other cash and prize.
This event is a mix of a Treasure Hunt, Amazing Race, Escape Room, and Scavenger Hunt rolled into two days of fun and excitement! It’s a perfect mix of clues, trivia, and challenges that allow you to solve puzzles, complete tasks and earn points working your way to the top of the leader board! We will use GPS allowing you to race around the area unlocking challenges, clues and riddles throughout your hunt! Along the way, certain clues and challenges will unlock rewards and prizes for you. All you need is a smart phone and our specially designed app to lead you thru this game! Remember, everyone has to chance to win cash and prizes even if you are not top of the leader board.
Sign up today!
Last Day to Sign Up is October 25, 2019!!
Things you need to know!
-This challenge will begin on Friday evening and end Sunday afternoon. If you are coming in from out of town, you will need to provide for your own food and other accommodations throughout the weekend.
-Orientation will be Friday evening at 7pm and is MANDATORY for all participants. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you don’t come, you won’t play.
-All challenges will be within a 7 mile radius of Kanab. You will need a form of transportation. There will be terrain difficulty that you need to pay attention to depending on your vehicle. Anything above a terrain 3, you will most likely need 4 wheel drive, however, 4 wheel drive is not required to play or win this game. If you choose to try a terrain 3 without 4 wheel drive, use your own judgement and coordinates to determine if you might be better off to get out on foot or choose a different challenge. Kanab -Treasure Quest is not responsible for any injury or damages.
-Please pay close attention when you see this chart on the challenges, it will help you determine whether or not this challenge is right for you.
* * * * *
* * * * *
* * * * *
The more stars the harder is becomes! 1 stars is VERY Kid Friendly! In this area, we have a lot of sand, if there is sand at a challenge location and you MAY or MAY NOT need a 4-wheel drive vehicle, is is at least an instant 3 on Terrain. 4 stars and up on Terrain - please DO NOT attempt without a 4-wheel drive vehicle. 4-wheel drive is definitely not needed as there are plenty of other challenges where you can get your points! Just remember, 1 is the easiest, 5 is the hardest! Be safe and have fun!
-If you are having trouble with a box not resetting or being broken or otherwise not working, please contact the Facebook page, Kanab Treasure Quest, and someone will go out to it. This way, everyone else playing can also see that there is a problem and to choose a different challenge until it is fixed.
-Local cell service can be patchy and you may lose coverage in certain areas, but you can continue to play the game and you can upload your accomplishments when service becomes available. Write down answers and take pictures that you can enter in when you reach service.
IF YOU NEED TO CONTACT KANE COUNTY EVENTS (Event Organizers) FOR ANY REASON, PLEASE DO SO PUBLICLY ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE, KANAB TREASURE QUEST. IF THERE ARE QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS, LET’S ASK AND ANSWER THEM PUBLICLY, NO PRIVATE MESSAGES, CALLS OR TEXTS.
- All pictures and video must have been taken during the hunt and must be taken by you. (No copying from the internet or anywhere else, challenges completed or photos/videotaping scenarios taken outside this time frame will be disqualified)
- Always play fair. Don’t let your competitive instincts drive you to ruin other people’s chances to win, if you do – you might be disqualified. This means no cheating, lying, stealing, sabotaging, or copying other people’s work. Sabotaging other participants will result in disqualification.
- If you purposely break any of our props, you will be disqualified! We will have cameras on location. Yes even the ones outside of town. Please contact our Facebook Page with the prop #, Kanab Treasure Quest, if a prop is broken or you cannot reset it.
- You must reset each prop when you are done so that the person following you has to figure it out…. Leaving it unset just gives them the advantage.
- Please!! Pack it in, pack it out. Leave it how you found it.
- Each participant will have 5 tickets to visit the book of secrets. The book of secrets has ALL the answers to this quest. Use your visits wisely because each visit will cost you points. First visit is 15 points, second is 30 points, and third is 45 points and so on. Limit 5 min. per ticket!
- Each participant needs to wear their lanyard and tag at all times during the game, identifying that you are a part of the treasure quest.
- All props in these challenges have been checked and we assure you they can be solved. Please do not pry open boxes or locks! They can be solved easily and will all open easily if done correctly. No need to be forceful. If you cannot figure it out, remember you have 5 tickets to the book of knowledge that has all the answers.
- If you see someone cheating in any way, and you expect us to do anything about it, bring proof. Accusations can be submitted along with $500 towards investigating your claim and returned only if the accusation is upheld.
- If you cannot follow the rules, you will be disqualified.
- Treasure Quest Wild Wild West T-shirts are optional but…. You need to be wearing one, or be in full Wild Wild West attire to participate in any of the quick point’s comeback challenges or to use the book of secrets!
- Judges determinations after the treasure/scavenger hunt are final.
Schedule of Events
Friday, November 1st
7pm – Mandatory Orientation @ The Tent
Saturday, November 2nd
7am – Treasure Quest Wild Wild West begins
8am-6pm – Quick Comeback Challenges
7pm – The Tent closes
Sunday, November 3rd
7am – The Tent opens
8am-11am – Quick Comeback Challenges
11:30am – Kanab Treasure Quest Wild Wild West ends
11:30am- Every participant must be back to the The Tent for the Elimination Rounds
12Noon – Elimination Rounds start
1pm? – Draw Finale starts
2pm? – Grand Finale starts