June 13, 2020 6:00 am
As the phased re-opening of the state’s economy progresses, our staff is diligently working on modifications to safely move forward with this event. Specific details of safety and precautionary measures and any other new changes, will be provided as we move forward in the planning process.
We will make necessary enhanced adjustments in order to minimize the health impacts of COVID-19. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, there is a risk of exposure to the virus when in a public setting. By visiting this event, guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Kanab celebrates 150 years as a town in 2020. Discover the rich history while exploring the incredible natural wonders that surround this charming, Pioneer town. Throughout the Sesquicentennial year, you can experience our history through tangible locations and events. Learn about the women that helped shaped this town, treasure hunting for the Montezuma Treasure, movie making in Kanab’s “Little Hollywood” and more in one of our itineraries, or create an itinerary of your own as you read some of our featured stories.
We will be celebrating Kanab’s 150th birthday all year long, take a look at the many events to come below.
Are you a Kanab High School Graduate? Fill out a quick 5 minute survey to receive a Kanab 150 surprise!
New Year Events
-Kanab Heritage Museum Re-dedication and celebration of local historian(s)
– City Heritage Home Tour
Celebrate Kanab’s birthday with us June 13, 2020 (Sesquicentennial Eve). Take a look below at some of the events to look forward to throughout Sesquicentennial week!
JUNE 13TH, 2020
(Sesquicentennial Eve) actual birth-date June 14
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 7 am: Kanab 10K with Mayor Robert Houston providing a pancake & bacon breakfast for contestants. Sign up for the 10K at Kanab10k.com.
- 10 am: Sesquicentennial Time Capsule *to be opened in 50 years* with Pioneer Scones by Chef Shon Foster of Sego/Wood, Ash, Rye for refreshments @ Kanab Center
- 12 pm-6 pm: Jackson Flat Reservoir Fun in the Sun featuring *Nitro Circus Blob* & Godfrey Clan, Free Paddle Board & Kayak rentals, and an appearance by the Roll-Away Saloon with refreshments.
- 7 pm-10 pm: Mechanical Bull @ Kanab Center
- 8 pm-10 pm: Outdoor Concert @ Kanab Center featuring The Naked Waiters
Sunday, June 14, 2020
- 7 pm- 9 pm: Mormon Pioneer Heritage Festival with stories from Utah Pioneer Heritage w/Kanab 150th birthday cake to be served @ Kanab Center Outdoor Terrace
Monday, June 15, 2020
- 5 pm-8 pm: Roll-Away Saloon at the Kane County Visitor Center
- 9 pm: Free Movie in the Park @ Jacob Hamblin Park; Showing Trolls World Tour w/ FREE Popcorn & Cotton Candy
Tuesday, June 16, 2020
- 12 pm-5 pm & 6 pm-8 pm: Free Swim Day @ Kanab City Pool
- 7 pm: All-Women Town Council (1911) Re-enactment @ Kanab Heritage House Museum (115 S Main St, Kanab, UT)
- 7 pm-8 pm: Roll-Away Saloon @ Kanab Heritage House Museum (115 S Main St, Kanab, UT)
Wednesday, June 17, 2020
- 5 pm-8 pm: Roll-Away Saloon @ ERA Utah Properties (7 W Center St, Kanab, UT)
Thursday, June 18, 2020
- 7 pm: Jacob Hamblin **Rough Stock** Rodeo – a part of the Raising Kane Rodeo Series @ Kaneplex Arena $5/person entry – CASH ONLY- with Concessions available (gates open at 6:30 pm)
Friday, June 19, 2020
- 6 pm: Jacob Hamblin **Ranch Rodeo** @ Kaneplex Arena $5/person entry (5 and under are free) – CASH ONLY- with Concessions available
Saturday, June 20, 2020
- 8 am-12 pm: Heritage Tour, FREE tour the Pioneer Trail from Kanab to House Rock Valley Road. *4×4 needed* (RSVP Bob 435-689-0986)
- 7 pm: Jacob Hamblin **Ranch Rodeo** @ Kaneplex Arena $5/person entry (5 and under are free) – CASH ONLY- with Concessions available
-Dine O’Round – Check out some of Kanab’s finest restaurants and their historic/homemade dishes as well as the stories that come with!
***This event is hosted by Kane County Office of Tourism, Events, Convention and Visitor Services in conjunction with the Jacob Hamblin Committee, Kanab City, Kanab City Recreation, Kane County Water Conservancy District, and Kane County Youth Coalition.***