Wishing lantern launch
Bring the family and come to the first annual Lucky Lanterns for St. Patrick’s Day.
Where : Kanab Elementary School North parking lot
When : 6pm March 17th
Cash and prizes
- Dress in your best Sham”rockin” outfit and enter the costume contest for your chance to win cash prizes.
- Listen to the music playing while you and your family send a lucky green lantern into the sky or just come watch in the bleachers provided.
- Photo area where you can take your picture with our very own leprechaun. Share your pictures online with the hashtags below.
- Afterwards, gather up the lanterns for $1/ea bounty and look for the LUCKY lanterns with prize numbers.
Entries need to dress in St. Patrick’s Day themed apparel.
Judging will take place at 6pm sharp, all entries must be present at the judging to qualify.
- 1st place – $300
- 2nd place – $125
- 3rd place – $75
Winners will be announced and a picture taken at 6:25 p.m.
* all winners will receive a check within 2 weeks
Lantern Launch (weather permitting)
Lantern launch will start at 6:30 p.m.
Lantern sales 0nline are now closed, please purchase lanterns at the event or at the Office of Tourism until 5pm – Lanterns are $10 each.
Lanterns will no be given at time of purchase! Tickets will be issued and lanterns picked up at the event before you enter the launch.
In case of inclement weather, no refunds will be given. You will be able to pick up your lanterns to take home and light another time. Lanterns can be picked up at the event in case of cancellation during event or from the Office of Tourism, 78 S 100 E, Monday – Friday 8am-5pm.
Prize lanterns will be launched during the event.
All lanterns with no prize numbers will receive the $1/ea bounty.
Cash prizes, gift cards and more.
* all cash winners will receive a check within 2 weeks
For questions, call the events team at 435-644-3696