The approach will not be easy. You are required to maneuver straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point. The target area is only two meters wide. It’s a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port.
“Glendale” was established in 1871 by Mormon pioneers and historically was also part of what was called the United Order. (See Orderville) Access to the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument is available near the northwest end of Glendale. This community is centrally located between the Grand Staircase, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, and the Coral Pink Sand Dunes, making it an ideal place to camp or relax. Visitor may enjoy the local shops, a campground and a lodging establishment.
In 1862 ranchers came to Long Valley, land east of the future Zion National Park, to graze cattle along the East Fork of the Virgin River. Robert and Isabella Berry named the area “Berryville”. In 1866 after the Berrys were killed by Indians, the other settlers left.
In 1871 Mormons from the Muddy River settlement in Nevada came to settle, naming their town “Glendale”. The people of St. Thomas, Nevada, relocated en masse to Glendale in that year, preserving their old ward organization in the new location. By the late 1800s the Mormon communities in the area had grown in the nearby towns of Orderville and Mt Carmel Junction, and Glendale became part of the United Order, a program of economic and moral reform that began in 1874 under Brigham Young.
On March 29, 1935, Glendale became an incorporated town. The towns of Mount Carmel, Orderville, and Glendale are known as Long Valley.