So you’re thinking about getting out of town and taking a long-overdue vacation. Well, if you’re looking for some wide open spaces and a lot of friendly faces, Kanab (southern Utah) and surrounding Kane County might be just the place to go…
Kanab has long been a destination for outdoor enthusiasts. After all, it’s encircled by world-famous destinations (Lake Powell, the Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park) and lesser known destinations (Coral Pink Sand Dunes, Toadstools, White Pockets, Kodachrome Basin) and is the perfect basecamp for exploring all of it.
Spend the day hiking, biking, fishing, ATVing – or just driving and sightseeing – and then return to the comforts of town. With all our hotels, restaurants, and shops now re-opened, it’s business as usual. Well – the new usual.
Obviously, the health of our visitors and residents are our top priorities, so we’re doing everything we can to make sure Kane County remains a safe place to work and play. Every business in the county has been given the opportunity to adopt our new “Above and Beyond Promise.” It’s our collective commitment to practicing the highest standards of hygiene and sanitation:
What we’re doing to combat the spread of COVID-19 in Kanab:
• Masks are recommended for visitors when appropriate.
• Implementing all standards and recommendations from the Utah Governor’s Office
• Hand washing stations can be found throughout town
• Hand sanitizer stations can be found throughout town
• Additional training to our staff to ensure the highest standards of hygiene
• Masks available for all staff
• Facilitating social distancing as much as possible
What we’re asking you to do:
• Wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds
• Use hand sanitizer when hand washing isn’t available
• Sneeze or cough into your elbow
• Avoid touching your face
• Use social distancing as much as possible
• Keep safety in the forefront of your mind when recreating
Bottom line: We know you’re thinking about that next family vacation, couple’s weekend, or scenic roadtrip. And whenever you’re ready to come visit us, we’re ready to be your host.
We’ve all had to make adjustments in this changing world. Luckily, Kanab remains the same as it’s been for millions of years… Magically Unspoiled.